Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Self respect in relationships

"I've spent my entire life trying to be a good, well rounded, successful person and for the most part I think I've done a pretty good job. It has not been easy and I have made sacrifices and fought in so many damn battles to get to where I am that I am not about to let someone take the end product for granted. THAT is the source of my steadfastness. Think about it. You know you are a solid person, that you have a world to offer and are willing to offer it. A world that you have put your blood, sweat and tears to secure. You have laid that world at their feet and invited them to share it. You are not asking that they give up their own, only inviting them to spend time in yours as that special person who gets access to parts of your world NOBODY else gets access to. In the legal world its called "exclusivity" and it's one of the highest priced rights that can be solicited...and for good reason. In the real world of relationships it's much more valuable.

Remember, what you have to offer is a PRIVILEGE that you are in sole control of giving or taking, it is NOT an OPTION that they can exercise on a whim."

-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment